Wildwood Inn Health Retreat Programs
The Wildwood Inn Health Retreat offers a comprehensive array of activities, learning experiences and accommodations specifically designed to stop the progression of chronic disease and promote relaxation, wellness and longevity. Vitality, health restoration, positive mental health, joy and a strong immune system (capable of fighting or warding off disease) are just some of the lasting rewards that flow from the fountain of health. You will enjoy activities involving the beautiful wilderness and wildlife area, lake, river, and spa treatments, among many others.
Physician & Medical Services - Staffed by a board-certified Advanced Nurse Practioner, the Wildwood Inn Health Retreat provides quality and quantity time with your Practioner. Our board-certified Physician works in an advisory role and is available for personal phone consultation at an additional charge. It’s time to get to the cause of your disease and start restoring your health. Programs typically include:
- A comprehensive health history review
- A physical examination
- Instruction to help you change your lifestyle
- Body composition analysis and trends to show you the value of an improved lifestyle
- Stress and lifestyle counseling sessions to give you the tools you need to make lasting healthful change
- Follow-up personal nurse consultations to fine-tune your health
Nutritional Therapy - It is said that "you are what you eat", and a key component of "lifestyle medicine" is optimal nutrition. At Wildwood Inn Health Retreat, you will learn more about the proven relationship between nutrition and your health than most physicians learn in medical school. This will give you the tools you need to make the nutritional changes you choose for your life, and will help you restore and protect your health.
- Experience a comprehensive nutritional evaluation to evaluate your current status
- Enjoy a nutritional program that will help you achieve your goals
- Learn the benefits of eating for health presented by your Health Educator and Practioner
- Obtain advice on shopping for and planning meals - a critical success component as you implement your new healthier lifestyle
- Daily hands-on cooking classes provide you with the practical experience you need in preparing quick and easy wholesome meals
- You will love the delicious plant-based meals prepared for you each day in the beautiful Wildwood Dining Room
- Our commercial kitchen is staffed with Chefs, who create a dazzling array of food for you
Laboratory Services - We request that you bring laboratory results with you so please arrange to have them completed ahead of time. We do not bill for medical services. There is a local clinic in town where you may obtain laboratory services. Your Nurse Practioner will take the time to explain each test, your results, the significance on your health and what you can do about it. We put the most important person in charge of your health, YOU! Your laboratory work that you bring should include:
- Comprehensive blood chemistry panel
- Lipid profile which will help assess your health risk
- Serum C-peptide
- Hemoglobin A1c
Exercise Therapy - Once your exercise and fitness Evaluation is complete, our Fitness Trainers will work with you on an individual basis to craft a custom exercise program for you. The exercise protocol at Wildwood Inn Health Retreat provides a little bit of rest for every minute of exercise. This results in faster weight loss, a better cardio-vascular condition and (almost best of all), minimal lactic acid buildup in the muscles.
- You receive an individual exercise prescription for you to use during your stay and when you return home
- Your Fitness Trainer will work with you during your personal training sessions to demonstrate proper technique and to encourage you
- Aerobic conditioning, muscle strengthening and flexibility training are all covered by the professional fitness team
- Outdoor waking and other recreational activities are provided to demonstrate healthy exercise choices available to you
Therapeutic Spa Services - When was the last time you let go of your responsibilities and devoted time just for yourself? The constant stress of moving in fast-forward mode, with no break, can wreak havoc with your energy and health. For the ultimate rejuvenation, nurture your whole body from head to toe with a variety of therapies offered at our spa. No matter which treatments you choose, the experience is designed to leave you with a sense of strength and renewal. Your treatments, provided by our trained staff, will leave you feeling like velvet. You will re-enter the world feeling like new.
Strengthen. Renew. Relax. After any spa experience, you'll feel balanced, centered and renewed. Our spa is a tranquil retreat for the mind, body, soul and spirit.
- Whirlpool baths relax and sooth away the stress that has been accumulating.
- Contrast showers alternate high and low temperatures to achieve improved and enhanced circulation. This provides enormous benefit to those struggling with neuropathy and it increases your immune system and white blood count and leaves you feeling ready to take on the world.
- Your Massage Therapist is skilled at finding those sore spots and gently easing them away while releaving stress.
- Aromatic steam treatments help lower stress and help with respiration problems, while they clean out your pores.
- Moist hot packs dramatically enhances circulation in the area being treated, speeding the healing process.
- Salt glow treatments improve skin circulation, while gently exfoliating, leaving your skin silky smooth
- Body wraps with essential oils for individual needs will give you the pampering you've always wanted.
- Paraffin heated hand treatment and relaxing face and neck massage are also included.
- Learn Hydrotherapy treatments so you can take the experience home with you.
- Facial treatments (extra charge) to improve circulation and enhance muscle tone and mimimize wrinkles.
Learning Experiences - your stay at the Wildwood Inn Health Retreat features a wealth of learning experiences that have been created to provide you with the knowledge, tips, skills and understanding you need to achieve your goals. Presented by the highly trained professional staff, you will learn and experience true health restoration.
- Health self-management puts the most important person ever in charge of your health - You!
- Personality profiling helps you understand how you tick, how those around you perceive you, and how to more effectively in accomplish your goals.
- Health for what? Many come to Lifestyle Center of America and take away a significantly enhanced spiritual* life. We provide the time and the setting you need to reflect, assess and consider this critical area of your life.
- Behavior modification is the key to lifelong change. Group and individual learning experiences are presented to help you make the changes you want to make - and to make them permanent.
- Healthy grocery shopping starts with knowing how to read labels.
- Is dining out a challenge for you? During the program, you learn how to make wise restaurant and menu choices.
- In today’s fast-paced world, stress is a fact of life. We teach you how to deal with stress through both group and personal activities.
- Your program includes access to a trained counselor who will help you explore your goals and design a strategy to achieve your desired lifestyle change
*The spiritual component of our program is Christian-based. However, we welcome and respect guests of all religious faiths as well as those who have none. While medical research has shown, and we believe that a spiritual component is necessary for optimal health, the Christian spiritual component of the Health Restoration Program is optional.